19 April 2012

Dinner invitation



Who would you love to invite for a perfect dinner? Who are, or were, the people dear to you, with whom you would love to catch up, and share memories? Perhaps, if possible, once more?


The first person, who I would love to invite, would have been my grandmother. She passed away 13 years ago, and she was special to me. She was lovely, quiet, but a strong woman. She suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis for many years, and I would love to speak to her about it. I would love to hear her experiences, and learn from her. Plus, I would love to hear her sing in the kitchen while preparing food, like in my memories of her.

The second person, who I would love to invite, is a dear friend. She is always happy to listen to my stories, experiences, worries and moments, and it doesn’t matter to her if they are embarrassing, funny or sad. We studied together, and we still share a lot of interests. We can basically talk for hours. She’s an intuitive and sensitive person too, and I’m just incredibly lucky to have her as a friend.

The third person, who I would love to invite, would be an old friend. She passed away too. She was far too young, and she spent her last years battling cancer. I would love to hear her laugh once more, hear her funny accent again, and would tell her that I am sorry that I was so bad in staying in touch with her.

The fourth person, who I would love to invite, is a friend from years ago. We spent some time together during our studies. He was special to me. It just wasn’t the right time and the right place. Even though, I kept on leaving countries and built a lot of walls around me, we had amazing talks whenever we met, and there definitely was a spark. Probably, there still is, when we would meet again.

The fifth person, who I would love to invite, is someone, who is kind of special to me right now. I know him already for a long time, and I would love to open myself up more, so he gets a chance to know the ‘real me’ too, including my health situation and my uncertainties for the future. If I keep on building walls around me, I won’t be able to love myself, nor can I become loved by someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment