18 April 2012

Open a book


“The sheep had taught him something even more important: that there was a language in the world that everyone understood, a language the boy had used throughout the time he was trying to improve things at the shop. 
It was the language of enthusiasm, of things accomplished with love and purpose, and as part of a search for something believed in and desired” 
The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho, page 62.


When I opened the book I am reading now to point to a random point to get a sentence to analyse, or even better, get inspiration from, I only found dialogues about divorces. As I, thankfully, don’t have any experience on that field; I knew this #HAWMC prompt would become a tricky one. 

One of my most favourite book quotes is from ‘The Alchemist’, a book written by Paulo Coelho. Therefore, I decided to write a few lines on my blog on this quote from Paulo Coelho. 

The whole book ‘The Alchemist’, is filled with potential quotes, lessons to be learned, inspiration for life and wisdom. It’s about a boy on a life journey, travelling and finding his destination and purpose in life.

I especially love this quote, as it shows that we, wherever we may be living in the world, share something. Whereas there are thousands of languages and dialects, we all have our share of enthusiasm in our bodies to give to the world. Enthusiasm that makes us lively, spot on, passionate and attentive in our attitudes toward children, people, passions, and yes, even work. Enthusiasm makes us laugh, gives colour to our cheeks, makes us sing and dance, and enables us to conquer our more difficult situations. This quote helps me in my search for something I believe in, and my desire: A healthier world. To accomplish my share to get to this stage, or just help to improve my current world, I need enthusiasm and passion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment