05 October 2010

Relaxing with radon spa therapy

My final week before holiday!

This summer I initially wanted to go to Greece, but due to some unforeseen events (a graduation ceremony in my family and a new job for my friend) it would only be October before our holiday could start and the Greek islands would have shut down by that time.

Nonetheless, I still wished to change my office life for some mountain and nature scenery and leave my e-mail inbox unanswered for a little while. The sole question was, where to go by myself?
The answer became: Germany. It will not only include a holiday for me, but also spa therapy for my body.

I'm going to Bad Brambach, a little Saxon village in the south-east of Germany and bordering to the Czech republic. I'll be leaving Monday early morning and travel to Bad Brambach by train, and am looking forward to ten hours of watching changing landscapes and reading books and magazines.


 This spa resort is already famous since the first medical   
 research in 1812 for its natural spring water and since   
 the early 1900s as spa resort with the strongest radon 
 gas in Europe.

 The medical treatments and rehabilitation services in
 Bad Brambach are known by -mainly German- patients
 diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid
 arthritis.

 Radon is a gas used since the early 1900s for the
 treatment of rheumatic diseases. Recently, research has
 been conducted on the effect of radon and spa therapy
 on AS patients, hopefully more research will follow.
 This radon gas is found in caves, mines and natural
 spring water. The Austrian village of Bad Gastein is one of the most famous spa resorts in Europe with radon caves. 

I have looked at many websites of spa resorts, offering spa packages for patients diagnosed with rheumatic diseases. In the end, I chose for a 2-week package in Bad Brambach, including 8 radon baths. 
I will try out staying at a spa resort and therapy for the first time, and see for myself if I notice any difference in my body afterwards. I hope my health will benefit from all the physiotherapy, massages and other treatments and I will enjoy the two weeks of fresh air, mountains and baths fully, in addition to all the free time to read, walk, cycle and relax!

I'm very curious to hear any of your experiences and tips regarding spa therapy and health benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment